Sunday, November 20, 2011

Feel the Love

I knew 2011 would be difficult when my dad died 13 days in {January 13, 2011}.  I tried to embrace that was hopefully the lowest my year could be and figured it could only go up from there.  But I never really expected it to be this filled with happiness and love.

On Friday, November 18 I was asked a very important question by one of my best friends, Jen. She asked me to be her Matron of Honor. And boy and I am honored.

Jen was my Maid of Honor in 2009. Jen and I were on our executive board of our sorority together in 2005{President and Vice President}, and have been so close ever since. I am glad that over the last 2 years that our friendship has endured distance (she moved to Chicago 2 weeks before my wedding), death (she surprised me and flew in for my father's funeral in January for like 12 hours! What an awesome friend! I was amazed and I will always be touched that she did that!), jobs (she is so motivated - works all the time like me and is in China at least 4 times a year!) and so on.  On September 2, 2012 I am so happy to be able to stand next to here as she enters the next "phase" of her life.

On Tuesday August 9, 2011 I went to the Muny {for the first time} to see Bye, Bye Birdie. Before we went in my other dear friend, Karli asked me an important question as well.  She asked me to be her Matron of Honor. This was the second time I was ever asked to be in someone's wedding and I was shocked and honored! Karli and I went to high school together but were not friends until we were in our sorority together. I was president in 2005 and she was president in 2007, and that is just the start of our similarities :)! I see Karli more than any of my friends. I am lucky to see her as much as do considering she lives an hour from me. Her dad passed away unexpectedly on October 3, 2011 {one more thing we have in common}. She was literally with me the entire funeral and I never expected to do the same for her 10 months later.  On June 9, 2012 I get to stand by her side on her BIG day as well!

Wedding parties are one of those difficult decisions where you both feel the luck and burden to pick/rate your friends publicly. For that reason and many more I am so touched to be publicly chosen to stand by these women.  They are both some of the best people I know and I love them as sisters. They are my family.  They have been there for me on the best and worst days of my life and I know they will be for many more to come!

Jen And I 

Karli and I 

1 comment:

  1. Awww thanks Emilie! I would do anything for you and I can't wait to see what life has to offer us. But we can be sure that we will always have each other! ;)

    Love you!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest