Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thoughful Thursday - Live it up!

This sign was in 4 rooms of my dad's house since I was about 12 when he started to get more ill.

The experience of my father's illness really helped appreciate that we are not ENTITLED to this world and it could be over at any moment - at 27, or 37, or 47, maybe 57 ...I do not know how many more days, weeks, months, or years I have left and neither do you. But we get routines, busy lives and those same days, weeks, months, or years pass by unappreciated and sometimes unfulfilled.

I use organization to be more efficient, and therefore the more time I have to do the things I actually love. I am also learning to say the word NO - because sometimes I waste precious moments of my life doing things I would rather not because I am YES person... Learn to say no, not always but sometimes you just need to live your life.

Last night was one of those nights I wish I had more often. After work I went to Happy Hour with 3 other bridesmaids in my friend Karli's wedding. Karli came an hour later and throughout the evening we planned and settled some wedding things. After that I stopped by another group of my lovely friends that was having a Thanksgiving dinner (I thought this event was Thursday and double booked myself). A random Wednesday night turned into some great memories. I got home at almost 1am and I am so happy about the sleep I missed - I just wish I got to do things like that more often because I am have a wonderful family of friends that truly make my life so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest