Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 {In Review}

Last year we posted some of our goals for this year: 

Below is the post from last year and what we accomplished.
Some that I didn't originally post was more about getting a new job which half of my posts in 2012 were about. I am so happy to say that is checked off my list this year, a huge relief!
This next year will be filled with Mr. Avery moments and less on our to do lists. 


  • Run Something! As of now I am signed up with a friend February 26 to go to Disney for the Disney Princess half marathon! I am in no shape what so ever to run a half marathon but if I can run 6.6 and walk 6.5 I would be elated as well as run 3 walk 1 run 3 walk 1 run 3!!! I would be even happier! DONE!! And when I was done I ran more this year outside than ever before, and loved it!
  • Loss Weight! I have lost almost 20 pounds this year - a lot of it without trying because my stress levels went down the weight came off as quickly as it came on. But I think I want to lose 30 more to be at a happy weight. I was at that weight a few years ago and its healthy happy weight! This is no New Years or Vacation wish! This is get in shape and get healthy for the rest of your life goal! I do have the half marathon, lots of weddings and the vacation to keep me highly motivated at least! Well...was going well and I was able to workout more this year than ever before but then we got pregnant. So this will be a goal for next year :)
  • Finish My Projects! I have 3 scrapbooks left DZ(had to be added because I could not fit it all in my college one!), High School and Grade School/Childhood books.  Then scan the rest of the family photos, my photos, and my high school scrapbooks. Almost there...should be done in January!
  • DAD! Finish his shadow boxes, make our quilts, and get his headstone done. Shadow Boxes-DONE! Headstone-DONE! Scrapbooks-DONE! Teddy Bears-DONE! Quilt-work in progress!
  • Photography! Continue to learn and love this hobby! I am at a point where I own most of the professional equipment that I am ready to start making "some" money off of it this year. I plan (as of now) to meet with my friend Tracy a few times a month and learn tons of goodies and work with her when I can! Boy did I accomplish this! I was able to take more photos this year than ever before! Becoming so much more in love with it and cannot wait to document Avery's life soon!
  • Trips! Enjoy them!! We are starting our anniversary roulette this year {we are going to take a last minute deal and go pretty much the next place they have for a long weekend! Spontaneous and fun! We may end up in Idaho or a small town somewhere but that is all in the adventure! This one did not exactly happen...one to many weddings + plus new jobs + baby on the way. But we sort of did we went to Mexico and are about to go to Vegas so I count this one as a success in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest