Thursday, March 14, 2013

The PUSH gift - my mom camera

So Wes broke his rule and got we me a PUSH gift (which I picked out and bought ... so gift is a stretch :) but he let me have it and it is definitely for Avery)! It's not that he didn't want to buy me a gift, but we sort of considered the hardwood floors a gift to ourselves. 

So I researched and researched cameras and went to the camera store to "test drive" them. I originally thought I would get a rebel camera to downsize the size of my big 7d and still be able to use my lens. I knew I didn't want a point and shoot, because I have HATED everyone I have had since about 2003 and they do not give me the flexibility and creativity I want in my pictures. So then there was the world of "4/3 cameras" or "compact SLR" etc.


So after looking at the Sony, Panasonic Lumix, Samsung, and Nikon I finally decided on the:  Olympus E-PL5. After playing with them and researching them this one definitely was an obvious WIN!

Some of my favorite features:

  • you can touch on the screen where you want to focus and take the picture at the same time!
  • It is SUPER sharp and you rarely {even in extremely low light} get great photos without a flash
  • It looks and feels like a mini version of my big SLR camera
  • There are tons of lens options that makes this literally a small version of my big camera. 
  • It is easy to use and I see Wes being able to work and actually using it
  • Has a metal body
There will be much more about this purchase to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest