Tuesday, May 21, 2013

4 Weeks {5.17.2013} and ONE Month {5.19.2013}

4 Weeks Old and ONE MONTH

Nice and slow this week - just the way I like it! And Avery was more fussy this week so I think he needed all that attention and time I had to give him.

  • Saturday, May 11
    • Today was the big wedding day! I bought myself an extra hour by driving myself to the salon. I was going to bring Avery with me to have a few extra hours with him but decided last minute it was best for him to stay home. So I left the house at 8:30am and didn't get back until 11:30 that night. It was a lot of fun but hard not to see him at all all day. Grandma and Grandpa took him to the winery since the weather was perfect and then snuggled him at home the rest of the day. 
  • Sunday, May 12 - MOTHER'S DAY!!
    • It was my first Mother's Day! If you would have told me last year I would be a mom this year I would have had a lot of questions! But boy has this kid been the best thing that has ever happened to me! Since he is such a blessing we didn't do gifts for mother's/father's day for each other. Instead Wes took me and his mom to Eleven Eleven Mississippi for a brunch! It was perfect!
    • Then I went to visit my own mom and my 2 grandma's. It was nice to all be together, since they may not be here next year!
    • The King's stopped by to meet you! Lindsay is going to be his Godmother and we asked Wes' friend Josh to be his Godfather. We decided with the first baby to pick our oldest friends we have, since they are probably not going anywhere in our lives! Lindsay cried when I asked her, and I have really never seen her cry, so it meant a lot to me that she was so honored! 
  • Monday, May 13
    • Wes went back to work for his first full week since Avery was born. The second he got home he scooped him up for the rest of the night.  He was a bit fussy today, which isn't like him at all. Wanted to eat often and has diaper rash, and bubbly belly. All together I think he was just uncomfortable so we took it slow and cuddled all day.
    • We put Avery in the bassinet(pack and play) in our room for the first time instead of the Rock n' Play or Nap Nanny to sleep and he did really well for his first part of his night time sleep. He still wanted ti be held or have his pacifier held for him during the second part!
  • Tuesday, May 14
    • Emotional day for me. My mom sold my dad's 1964 Stingray Corvette over the weekend, without notice. So I headed to the place, Fast Lane Classic Cars in St. Charles to take some last photos of the car. With our next son, if we have one, I would like to a classic car/motorcycle theme and want to incorporate these photos into it. I cried for the first time in a while about missing my father and how much I wish he was here to meet Avery. He always said I would have the boys in the family :)!
    • When we left we stopped by to see Wes at work and show him off again! The rest of the day I snuggled him until Wes got home and did the same. Then we gave him his second real bath and he LOVED it this time. 
    • I used the baby bjourn tonight to get dinner done and do a few chores around the house before Wes got home! It was amazing to have 2 hands!
  • Wednesday, May 15
    • He ate every three hours and was in a super routine today! 
    • Officially grew out of the newborn clothes and I have begun packing them all up!
    • He went down (swaddled) in his bassinet at midnight after his feeding and slept until 3. Then he ate and went back down (swaddled) at 4am in the bassinet and slept until 8am! I got 7 hours of sleep and feel amazing!
  • Thursday, May 16
    • We had a really good sleep night! He slept in the pack and play bassinet from 12 to 3, ate and then from 4 to 8! It was absolutely amazing! 
    • Then I got a shower while he played in his bouncer seat!
    • Then I got to eat while he hung out in the Baby Bjourn carrier!
  • Friday, May 17 - 4 WEEKS OLD TODAY!
    • Lot of visitors today! Emily and Megan came to visit today! 
  • Saturday, May 18
    • We went to Erika and Paul's wedding and Avery's Godmother Lindsay and her boyfriend Nic babysat Mr. Avery from 5 to 11. 
  • Sunday, May 19
    • We slept in today and then Avery got in the Bjourn and we made Wes Breakfast in bed. The rest of the day was spent mainly snuggling our little man. 











































No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest