Monday, May 6, 2013

Maternity and Paternity Leave

As of right now I am set to take off 11 weeks which will put me going back to work after 4th of July weekend. Now that the first 2.5 weeks flew by I am so worried how fast the next 8.5 will go by as well. This has seriously been the best day/weeks of our lives. I love these to boys more than life its self. 

We were so lucky that Wes got to use his personal days for FMLA time off. He originally took 7 work days off to help take care of Avery and I, but after the C-Section and we needed more help he was able to take another week off! It was seriously the best! We didn't have any visitors over, we didn't run errands, we just enjoyed our little family!

It is amazing to see how AWESOME of a dad Wes is. He loves to hold him, change diapers, and is dying to be able to feed him too. Not only do they look alike but what small glimpse we see of Avery's personality - I am thinking they are going to act a lot alike too. Nothing better than watching your husband care for you and your children. 



During my last full week of work I own an award called the "superbud." You get nominated from your peers and it was such an honor to be recognized for all my hardwork. During on of my final drives into work, as I pulled up to the building, I teared up a little. I still get goosebumps and know how lucky I am to have such a great job and work with such amazing people! As Wes, Avery and I start this next adventure it doesn't go without being a little a bittersweet. I feel so privileged to be able to stay home for 10 weeks with my little family and make many great memories.






Preparing for the 4 wedding and other activities we have going on I invested in some alcohol test stripes. Better safe than sorry when it comes to my little man!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest